Two more “Safe” Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Phones Catch Fire

If it wasn’t clear that the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 wasn’t safe before, it is becoming clear now. Case in point, is this case from Kentucky:

Around 4:00a.m. Tuesday, Michael Klering says he and his wife woke up to a hissing sound in their bedroom.

“I was scared to death for a minute,” Klering said.

Klering says when he opened his eyes, he saw his bedroom was filled with smoke.

“The whole room just covered in smoke, smells awful. I look over and my phone is on fire,” Klering said.

Klering said he had only had his replacement Samsung Galaxy Note 7 for a little more than a week before it caught fire.

“The phone is supposed to be the replacement, so you would have thought it would be safe. It wasn’t plugged in. It wasn’t anything, it was just sitting there,” Klering said.

Later in the day Tuesday, Klering said he started feeling sick, so he went to the Emergency Room.

“I was vomiting black so it was very scary. It was a lot of black stuff and it didn’t look right,” Klering said.

Klering provided WKYT with his hospital records that stated he was diagnosed with acute bronchitis. A Nicholasville Fire Department report was also taken after the hospital called the fire department to notify them that Klering suffered from smoke inhalation.

Samsung wanted to get its hands on the phone, but he refused. Instead they had it x-rayed it as part of their investigation. Then this happened:

Klering says he felt Samsung was helping him, until he got a text message from a Samsung representative that was not intended to go to him.

That message read: Just now got this. I can try and slow him down if we think it will matter, or we just let him do what he keeps threatening to do and see if he does it

“It made me think you know they’re not taking this serious enough and it’s time to move on,” Klering said.

So now Klering says he is seeking legal help. And, he says he just wants to get this information out to the public, so it doesn’t happen to someone else.

That isn’t cool.

Then there’s this case of a 13 year old suffering burns when her replacement Note 7 “melted” in her hand”:

Thirteen-year-old Abby Zuis says she felt a “weird, burning sensation” in her thumb while holding her Galaxy Note 7 Friday afternoon. The phone, which has significant smoke damage and burn marks, melted the protective cover.

Zuis says she suffered only a minor burn to her thumb. “It felt like pins and needles except a lot more intense,” she said.

Andrew Zuis, Abby’s father, says the phone is a replacement for the Galaxy Note 7 that was recalled last month.

This is the third replacement Note 7 to fail. The first one was on a plane earlier this week. I think it’s now very clear that this phone is not safe at all and that if you have one, you need to ditch it. I think it’s also clear that Samsung has a very serious problem on its hands that is now spiraling out of control and could damage the company permanently.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

%d bloggers like this: